MPAA boss "forgets" Hollywood’s pirate history; he forgot to mention that the US movie industry was actually built by rogue filmmakers, "thieves" and "pirates"submitted by mepper to technology
[link] [59 comments]
The Port Authority Police and/or the TSA (they blame each other) at Newark Airport evacuated Terminal C on Friday because a tiny, little, itty-bitty baby didn't get screened (Mom passed the kid to Dad, got screened, and then they swapped). When the TSA's ever-vigilant anti-hugging squad figured out what had happened, the terminal was evacuated. But the mom, dad, and baby were never found. They had already taken to the air, and they may be there still. This is a stark reminder of the grave, existential risk that the TSA protects us from every day. When I think of the unscreened baby somewhere airside, circulating through America's aviation system, well, it gives me chills. I don't think I'll ever feel safe again.
[link] [199 comments]
This kid has some serious harmonica skills.
Make's Meg Allan Cole recorded her first attempt at assembling a papercraft mechanical automaton, choosing a handsome Mario Bros number. The short video gives you a flavor for what's involved. Here's the files if you want to try it yourself.
Apple avoids paying billions in US taxes every year by routing money through international subsidiaries and into offshore tax havens throughout the Caribbean.submitted by atomicspace to technology
[link] [852 comments]
- Pilot pours tea for himself while doing a barrel roll. (2:31) [VIDEO]
- Chimp accidentally harms baby chimp. His reaction is so human like. [VIDEO]
- Karl Pilkington argues with a starving African [VIDEO]
- Shittiest robbery ever [0:08]
- 1 Guy takes on 7 Gang members [PIC]
- F1 engines are so advanced that their engineers can make the car sing a song. [VIDEO]
- “Fuck off kid!!!” [VIDEO]
- Slow Motion [ANIMATED GIF]
- 45 seconds to air…..
- This is so chill
- Elijah Wood (Frodo) gets pranked by Dominic Monaghan (Merry) in a fake interview
- Smoothest high school prank – [0:50]